June 20, 2008

Explosion one

A couple of weeks ago this guy came into the store looking to buy a flexible gas line.

Me: How far is your dryer from the gas line?
Him: Thirty feet.
Me: So you want some pipe and fittings then?
Him: No, just give me five of those flexible lines.
Me: Pipe would be easier, cheaper, and safer in the long run.
Him: Nah, I'd have to run it against the wall and I can't really attach it to anything.
Me: Here's the pipe, there's the flexible line. I'll show you the parts you need for laying the pipe but I won't show you how to hook five flexible lines together.

What I want to know is where this idiot got the idea to hook the flexible lines together. I got the feeling from him that there was a "knowledgeable father-in-law" waiting back at the house to help him.

No comments: