July 11, 2008

If your roof blows away in a strong wind...

Okay, I can accept that there are specific conditions in which rolled roofing is acceptable on a peaked roof (low pitches, for those who are curious.) What I cannot accept is that:
  1. You didn't know what a roof cap was.
  2. You didn't know to start at the bottom and work up - instead you started at the peak and worked down. Letting the water flow into the seams instead of over them seems so very counter-intuitive to me.
  3. You hoped to save money and create an attractive look by alternating mineral surface and plain felt paper.
  4. You thought that your leftover driveway sealer would work just as well as roof cement.
  5. Finally, if the roof that you installed last year blew away in Tuesday's wind storm, perhaps you shouldn't be the one to install the new roof.
I swear, after about fifteen minutes on the phone with this person I thought they were screwing around with me.

No comments: